Is Self-Sabotage Burning You Out?

is self-sabotage burning you out?

Our workplaces can be hazardous to our wellbeing. Strict demands, never-ending changes, and unfair policies are just a few things that contribute to burnout.

But stressful work environments don’t always lead to burnout. Whenever I read a report that says something like 42% of a company’s employees suffer from burnout, I find myself asking, What about the other 58%? What are they doing to protect themselves? What can we learn from them?

Continue reading on HBR

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Email
Print
Writing by Dr. Kandi Wiens

Dr. Kandi Wiens

I am a researcher, speaker, executive coach, and leadership development facilitator. I’m also a Senior Fellow at The University of Pennsylvania, where I teach in the PennCLO Executive Doctoral Program, the Penn Master’s in Medical Education Program, and Wharton Executive Education. All of my work is deeply rooted in the latest positive psychology, emotional intelligence, and mindset research.

balance or burnout

Are you on the fast track to breaking down or burning out?

Take the Burnout Risk Assessment to see if you’re on the fast track to burnout, and learn what you can do to protect yourself from the psychological hazards of work.